The aim of the committee is to :
• Promote a research project regrading the Modern Architectural Heritage of the Mediterranean countries, in the context of witch the commonalities and specificities that characterise it will be identified. The common features include architectural, socio-political, geographic climatic, cultural and other characteristics.
• Encourage the discussion, collaboration and exchange of knowledge and perspectives on this issue, between experts from various member states.
• Discover unknown aspects of the Modern Architecture in Mediterranean countries and to elevate its cultural value.
• Contribute to the revision of the historiography of Modern Architecture
• Highlight the Modern Architecture of the Mediterranean countries and to elevate its cultural value.
• Work toward a conference, an exhibition and a publication on this subject.
• Encourage non-member states from the Mediterranean to contribute and to subscribe to the UMAR.